About me?

In my writing class, one of the first exercises is to write a “book jacket bio”. Here’s what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it (and to my Realtor friends, please take no offense) 😉

(me) was born in the Emerald City; Seattle, Washington in July of 1978. As the child of a Navy man, he moved many times throughout his childhood and after the divorce of his parents was settled in Portland, Oregon. During his High School years he became very active in political causes and has met three United States Presidents. After high school he left the school life to work in careers related to Customer Service and Training; currently teaching computers and technology to orangutans (Realtors®). While living a creatively rewarding life he has performed under the stage name “Nicholas Illusion” and written under the pseudonym “Schnik”. He can be somewhat cynical and snarky but is generally a good-natured guy. While he is a little unsteady at this juncture of his life, he always looks for the next big opportunity.

10 Comments Add yours

1. Bridget says:

Could be a great ‘singles’ add…. #justsayin

It doesn’t make you sound nearly as awesome as you are… but great job!

Which Presidents? 😉

1. Bridget says:

Oh… and btw… I’m married to one of those ‘orangutans’… LOL

1. Karen says:

A 40 yr old orangutan who loves pie, at that! 🙂

2. schnikism says:

Bush the First, Clinton (twice) once before he was President, then on the reelection trail, and Bush the Second.

2. Kari says:

Love it!! I don’t think you’re snarky at all. 😉 You know, we have a lot in common…and I love you!!

3. Karen says:

I think this sums you up as well as a book jacket can. Not bad for a first assignment!

1. schnikism says:

Hehehe. I hate writing about myself. Especially in the third person. He looks forward to tomorrow night. Meh.

4. Mary Rarick says:

Orangutans! Crack me up. Great job!

1. schnikism says:

Hehehe. I’m glad you liked it. One thing about this class. It’ll give me something to blog. LMAO

5. Angela says:

Very well put together Nick, although it doesn’t tell us WHO the man, Nick, really is. I guess that’s the thing about a book cover though, little tidbits is all you get.
    Enjoy your writing class – I think you’ll do very well in it.