There’s been a lot going on in my life, so much in fact, that I haven’t even looked in the direction of my blog. Strange right, so much to say, yet not enough time to do it.
Still in School. Taking a full class load, so that takes up a great deal of my time, also I’m having a blast at work, but that too means I’m crazy busy.
Normally, I can hack it. I can recharge on my own, taking a moment here or there to catch my breath. I typically have no problem running on nonexistent midnight oil, my flame continues to burn bright. But there’s something different right now. My fuse is a little shorter, though I’m doing a pretty good job of keeping it close to the vest. I’m finding myself in a weird place right now. I think if I wasn’t such a self-energizing person right now, I would be in a very weird and afraid to look out from under my shell, but yet, I still keep powering through.
I asked my friends on Facebook how they re-charge and I was really surprised and delighted with their answers, so I decided they needed to be shared. If your feeling a bit stressed, maybe one of these things will help you catch your breath. I’m still trying. I asked the following question:
Somedays, you just run out of steam…. I know it’s only Tuesday… So, I pose this question to you; What do you do to recharge your batteries when you’re constantly on the go and really don’t have the time to take a break? How do you keep your momentum when it’s only you that you’re following?
prayer, vitamins, and snuggling.
- Light a candle and take a few deep breaths.
- Cognac and cattle prods
If you are following yourself, walk backwards.
I set a timer for 5 minutes and I meditate on all the good things in my life or on the goals I’m working toward. I force myself to block any negative thoughts or “to do list items” that try to sneak in.
Plus, I try to eat something every 2 hours. It keeps me from having those ups and downs all day. A cheese stick, a handful of almonds, a Fiber One bar…not a lot and nothing too sugary. Be good to yourself. You deserve it!
- Drinks w/ friends, go running outside.
- Close your eyes…Imagine where you want to be physically, spiritually, and emotionally… Take a deep breath and know that you are on your way… each breath takes you closer to your goals… feel the gratitude for your success fill you up. Take the next step in the right direction.
- I drink too much scotch and totter around the living room singing show tunes while the cats look on, in an adorable mixture of amusement and alarm.
Pedi, DQ Peanut Buster Parfait, and/or a good beer….not necessarily in that order 😀
- Take a few minutes each day, even if it’s just in the car on the way to the next gig, but think about things that make you happy and the reasons why you are doing what you are doing. Focusing on the positive rather than worrying about the negative can make a huge difference as long as you do it every day.
Coffee, lots of coffee.
- Algebra is good and my friends and loved ones help immensely bit there is a reason I’m such a slave to coffee.
I hope things are well in your world. There’s a rumor that I might be on Unwrapped this weekend, so if you’re watching the Food Network, Unwrapped: Fried Foods episode this weekend, look for me. 🙂
Hopefully, I can find some time to keep this up. It’s been too long.