Emergency (Just Breathe)

For the last few weeks I’ve felt a little run-down, a little tired. I just thought it was because I was being over-active, but this was the time of the year for that. I thought nothing of it.

Until Wednesday. I was at the gym, trying to run, and couldn’t catch my breath. So, I walked a couple of miles, then went to work, thinking it was a little strange that I couldn’t get a hold of my breathing. I called the advice nurse to inquire if this was serious enough that I should go to Urgent Care, I was in luck! My doctor’s office had an opening and that I should come in right away.

Me in hospital gown

They poked at me, took blood, and X-rays… Then I heard words that caused me to pause. Referring to my chest x-ray, my doctor said. “Normally, this area (where my lungs are) should be black” Instead, they were cloudy.

Walking Pneumonia. That was the diagnosis. Great. Bed rest for the last 3 days, antibiotics, and codeine. Lot’s of napping and feeling like an old man because I can’t walk twenty feet without getting winded and dizzy. I hope this doesn’t last long.

I’m off to go take a nap.

13 Comments Add yours

1. if you would listen to the medical advice you might be back among the running faster

1. Schnik says:

But that would mean slowing down…. Who does that? LOL ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Linda Aaron says:

Git in the bed Mr and get well very soon!

1. Schnik says:

Thanks Linda, I’m working on it. Just not as easy as I want it to be.

3. Take it seriously and do what the doctor says! So there….

1. Schnik says:

I’m trying. I’m not one to just lay around, so it’s a little tough. My body tells me when i’ve overdone it.

4. cherylble says:

Definition of “Trying” = Visiting Walmart after midnight for their “doorbuster specials” and Fred Meyers for their deals on pillows! Get your butt in bed, Mister Schnik before you end up revisiting the doc! #harassmentforthosewelove #andthosewhodonotlisten

1. Schnik says:

I never said I was succeeding, only trying. I’ve been in bed the last two days! Not like I wanna be, but I am. #Bedrestreallyisntrest.

5. nancy p says:

Nick please please stay home and rest. No more Walmart runs ok?

1. Schnik says:

I’ll do my best to stay away. It’s difficult, you know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ps: Thanks for being my 300th Comment. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Jason Farris says:

wait… they poked you?
    Get well soon my friend

1. Schnik says:

They did poke me, twice! But they say I’ll be better soon. I don’t believe it. ๐Ÿ™‚